So my left ear bud is having issues with the ambient sound pass through. Any nearby noise makes it click and pop. It’s almost unusable at this point.

Has anyone had good luck with a repairing these?

• Martineski@lemmy.fmhy.mlM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I know that it’s unrelated but I have WH1000XM4 headphones and sometimes there’s this annoying buzzing sound in one earpiece that makes using the headphone unbearable. Supposedly it’s caused by humidity and you can fix it by opening them and putting something inside to absorb the humidity. It’s baffling to me how products for this price have long known problems that are not fixed by manufacturers and they keep releasing them without fixing the problem.

I paid that high price for them only because I have sensory issues and I needed something to block outside noise from me because it was stressing me out a lot. Having this problem where noise cancelling becomes useless or equally annoying is defeating the whole point of those headphones. The only reason for why I haven’t done the fix yet is that I don’t want to damage them and there’s no “advanced” repair shops near me. And even if there were it would still cost me lot’s money which is dumb considering how much I paid for the product already.

• existential_crisis@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Mine started having the same issue months ago, but I just learned to deal with it by disabling the pass-through/noise cancellation features. It’s not ideal, but at least they’re usable that way.

…but I wasn’t aware of the free repair program. That’s probably the smarter thing to do.