Most company leaders also believe pay and promotions could become linked to workplace attendance

• PenguinJuice@kbin.socialOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I worry about this, as moving away from the remote opportunity that was provided by Covid would positively destroy mine and my family’s life. There really needs to be much more consideration on the impact to their value producers.

• Teppic@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

A few things to remember here:

CEOs aren’t daft, they will respond to manipulate the survey results to show what they want it to show. Through no fault by the survey this is likely not what CEOs really think.

Stated preference surveys are often undertaken to support investment decisions, but it is well known that ‘stated preference’ and ‘realised preference’ are often different things.

…also for many jobs better candidates will seek out more flexible employers. These same better team members will also more on if there is any suggestion they are being unfavorably treated due to flexible working arrangements. My point is, for many (not all) the employment market will force employers to accept more remote working than happened before the pandemic. There was a trend in this direction even before the pandemic, there is a perspective to say COVID was a catalyst for more remote working, and the return will never be complete.