President Vladimir Putin on Thursday reiterated his position that Russia did not start the war in Ukraine but launched what it calls a “special military operation” to try to stop it.

In his yearly speech to the Valdai Discussion Club, being held in Sochi, Putin said Russia, the world’s largest country by area, had no need to take territory from Ukraine.

He said the conflict was not therefore imperial or territorial but about the global order, and that the West, which had lost its hegemonic power and always needed an enemy, had lost touch with reality.

• tsuica@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I never thought there would be such a thing as too much sarcasm. It bends reality and circles back on itself. Impressive.

• lulztard@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I appreciate his integrity to not use /s but die to the social media mob like a real man.

• TwoGems@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

I think I became dumber. This guy actually believes Putin didn’t invade a country and cause the murder of Ukrainian children with his troops in the first place. He wins first prize for the Russia Propaganda Delusions Awards.