• huginn@feddit.it
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m pretty basic and just run bare obsidian with vim and solarized themes, what are y’all running for plugins?

• swnt@feddit.deOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago
      • Obsidian Git
      • pocket importer
      • Natural language dates
      • calendar Plugin
      • periodic notes
      • dataview
      • outliner

as my most important ones

• neardeaf@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Obsidian Git single handily changed my daily workflow.

To ensure privacy, I run my own Gitea server with a custom domain SSL’d & private repo I sync back and fourth. This allows me to control where my notes are stored behind two work computers who are stupidly behind two full tunnel VPNs so I can’t access my own servers on my LAN.

• swnt@feddit.deOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Both. But for mobile I’m using bash scripts with Termix (Android), because the Obsidian-Git mobile doesn’t support git LFS

• huginn@feddit.it
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Makes sense. I use termux for a lot of things. Didn’t know it supported git lfs though. I’ll keep that in my back pocket for sure.

• swnt@feddit.deOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Well it only kind of supports git LFS. I have to manually invoke a few git hooks, but otherwise… 😅

• Holli25@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Main plugins for me are dataview and tasks. Add the mininal theme and style settings and that is it. Although I enjoy browsing Obsidian roundup to see what is new in the world of plugins.

• tenth@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

How is it at organising your Tasks? I feel it would not be best at it, but also like the ideas of linking tasks in my notes

• Holli25@slrpnk.net
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

It fits well for me. I set up multiple queries in my daily note template to catch tasks that are due today or I wanted to work on today, for long-term tasks and for overdue tasks. You can group tasks by adding tags which I use often. You can add a new task anywhere in your notes and it will show up in the query. So I put tasks in all notes that I am working on and will be reminded of them in my daily note. It is often updated with new features, just try it out and see if it works for you. I can not complain and only recommend it.

• tenth@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Thanks so much for the detailed response.

If you happen to use Tasks on mobile, did the plugin slow Obsidian down at all? I’ve been using Obsidian plugin-free

• Holli25@slrpnk.net
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

I am also using it on mobile (syncing my vault from laptop->NAS<-cell phone). Works quite well, but I can not say mich about performance, as my cell phone is having problems in general at the moment.

However, it feels really smooth after initially loading the app and I have no problems to report.