The Moral Case for No Longer Engaging With Elon Musk’s X::The former Twitter is incentivizing violent content, which will only become worse to stand out to users.

• Barack_Embalmer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I joined Twitter fairly recently as Machine Learning Twitter is/was a thing, and I wanted to stay abreast of news from people like Andrej Karpathy, Chris Olah, Andrew Ng etc., especially since r/MachineLearning went down the shitter.

But I can’t even - I log on and just instantly see ragebait posts from Daily Mail talking heads and bullshit.

Are there any better alternatives for this purpose?

• Barack_Embalmer@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

If you know of a better ML related instance than sigmoid.social let me know, but none of those influential figures I mentioned post there, and the discussion is pretty much non-existent.

• Danakin@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

If there are better alternatives entirely depends on how active those people are on Mastodon, Bluesky or even Threads. (Not sure on activity on Bluesky, as I haven’t got an invite yet…)

I’m a PHP developer, many people (but not all) in the community crosspost on Twitter and Mastodon, so Mastodon is a good alternative for me personally.