• zombiepete@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Trump, of course, has no idea what that means; he was just getting positive feedback talking about replacing judges and so he started counting up to increase the cheering.

• Chais@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Of course the replacement judges wouldn’t be any better, as he’d still pick candidates from his in-group.

• Chocrates@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

At least I am confident he has no idea what he is talking about. If he gets his base frothing about it though the GOP will follow through and have what 18 Justices? Most of whom will be unqualified children with 40 or so years of horrifying decisions to dole out.

• DevCat@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Increasing the size of SCOTUS requires Congress, not POTUS. Trump is, as usual, wrong.

• Chocrates@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Trump has a consistent rabid base imo. The problem is we are so polarized anybody who will still hold their nose and vote for Trump are probably not gonna change whatever he does. I live happily in my little bubble though so who knows.

• VictoriousStalemate@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Trump is such a moron. I really want him to just go away. Just go play golf and eat McDonald’s.

But thank God for his SJC picks. I shudder to think who Hillary would’ve appointed.