A new report from has claimed that Microsoft is planning to close its proposed acquisition of Activision Blizzard next week.

• andxz@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Microsoft still support AoE2 after all these years, while Activision more or less fucked the SC2 proscene so hard it’s amazing it’s still going as strong as it is.

Not to mention what they did to the classic WotLK launch. It couldn’t get any worse than that.

• andxz@lemmy.world
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

The servers were essentially 95-99% of either faction, and they locked migration several times seemingly on random. A lot of people got stuck on servers that were nigh unplayable because of the other faction dominating everything.

It even included paid server transfers on some servers for some weird reason. I got hardlocked on 98% alliance server while playing a tauren resto druid. Their customer service told me to “level another character on a server of my choosing”. Leveled to 80 out of sheer spite and then quit when my game time ran out.

Truly one of the biggest disappointments in my entire life. I know it’s just a game, but I had looked forward to getting to redo wrath since they first announced classic in general, and they completely ruined it.

• StunningGoggles@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Damn! That sounds horrible, I remember when WoW’s customer service was seemingly top notch, how far they have fallen. I guess it’s not surprising with how disappointing Diablo 4 was.

• ryathal@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

I mean the industry is already a cesspool. The consolidation is troubling from a failure of regulators. The games Industry deserves what it gets here though.

• NOT_RICK@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

Overall I don’t agree with that, but I do agree they’re better than ActiBlizz. You’d have to blast down into bedrock to get lower than Bobby Kotick

• 520@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

Right now they aren’t. You do know how bad they became with their last monopoly, right?

• Lord_Logjam@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I am very intrigued to see how many games will immediately appear on Gamepass.

• Dudewitbow@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Imo microsoft is trying to pump gamepass sub numbers and supposedly its not enough (despite the size). I think they will consider merging the World of Warcraft sub to gamepass to boost sub count for the investors.