I was so hyped before Fallout 76 and I was so disappointed after the launch and just threw it into the trash.

Bethesda can deliver triple A hype but the whole development story and the customer service behind Fallout 76 is just disgusting. The only positive about the whole disaster: This video. In my opinion it’s one of the best and entertaining videos of all time on YouTube. Watch it before you preorder.

• Olon97@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m with you. 95% of my enjoyment came from playing co-op with my childhood best friend (using discord for voice chat) who I had fallen out of contact with. When we encountered the (many) bugs, we had a good laugh and kept on going.

The 5% that actually came from gameplay? Hmm… Faschnacht was always a hoot. Creative camp builds was also a highlight (basically fallout 4 base building, but other humans actually get to appreciate your creation).

I tried picking up the game on PS5 recently and without the social piece it just seemed like an insurmountable grind (ex. how do I get the mutations I want for a fresh account? How long will it take to unlock backpack space again?)

Still, due to circumstances, co-op FO76 ended up being one of my top 5 gaming experiences in my last 40 years of video games.