In the past, I have been watching many mysterious movies because they are exciting. But life sometimes is hard enough, why should I then at home watch movies or series which are realy brutal. I feel like movies/series always need more crazy shit to be still popular.

I am looking for good funny movies/series which entertain and give you a positive feeling.

I think the world needs more positivity

• @Bigtiddygothgranny@lemmy.fmhy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        411 months ago

Absolutely love Ted lasso and the good place, another great one is shrinking, same producer as scrubs and Ted lasso, it’s on apple and it’s a pretty wholesome funny show.

• ChojinDSL
      link
      English
      311 months ago

Ted Lasso is probably the most wholesome and uplifting show I’ve seen in a long time.

• @bowreality@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        211 months ago

Isn’t it? I just did a complete rewatch and I am already wondering when I can do another one. So heart warming.

• ScrumblesPAbernathy
    link
    fedilink
    2511 months ago

The Good Place is overall pretty positive. Same with Parks and Recreation as well as Abbot Elementary.

• @Mr_Buscemi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      811 months ago

The ending of the Good Place is one of those shows that ended perfectly. I can’t think of a better way they could have finished the show.

• @tony@feed.sokolik.info
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1211 months ago

Ted Lasso springs to mind first, but I like these as well. Some of them are older, but so am I. 😄

• Parks and Recreation: It’s silly but at the end of the day the characters really all do support each other, even Jerry! :)
    • The Good Place: It’s nice to see the characters grow, and it’s a real easy way to learn some philosophy. :)
    • Nailed It!: While it’s a competition show, you can tell that everyone is in on the joke and it’s all still very fun
    • Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt: Like most sitcoms, it’s absurd, but funny and Kimmie is the most positive character
    • Comming to America: Eddie Murphy at his finest!
    • The Birdcage: Robin Williams! And for the time it really did push the envelope for inclusion
    • Mrs. Doubtfire: Because you can’t go wrong with Robin Williams!
    • When Harry Met Sally…: Can men and women be just friends?
    • Groundhog Day: One of Bill Murray’s finest and about making yourself better
    • Big!: Who didn’t daydream about being an adult when you were 10?
    • Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: One epic day of playing hooky from school
  • Chetzemoka
    link
    fedilink
    811 months ago

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Probably the most wholesome and positive of all the Treks. There’s a reason it’s so loved

• @lav@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      411 months ago

absolutely must watch movie. Deconstructing nihilism is one thing, but after doing that there is a need to advocate for optimistic nihilism, something we all need these days

• rubbishh
    link
    fedilink
    611 months ago

The recent series Jury Duty was hilarious and surprisingly wholesome and showed how there are actual good people in the world.

I know it’s kinda corny and basically a big ad for Google but I low key love The Internship. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn are hilarious together and the movie is about how it’s never too late to change your life and it always just makes me feel good.

• @vern1@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    611 months ago

Bobs Burgers is hilarious and chaotic, yet simultaneously wholesome and positive comedy. The earlier seasons definitely lean more into the chaos, but even then, the family is such a positive example of semi-dysfunctional people loving each other to the max. Very few couples in TV or movies have anywhere near as good of a relationship as Bob and Linda, and their kids have some of my favorite sibling dynamics of any show I’ve ever watched.

• Omni
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I know this is a pretty popular one but I don’t think I’ve ever not felt better after an episode or two (or 6) of Futurama. As for movies, Hot Fuzz always has something new and funny you hadn’t noticed before on each watch.
    I also think many of the studio Ghibli films give off some pretty good vibes (emphasis on the word ‘many’ though, there are some pretty gut-wrenching ones). Any of the Mr Bean movies or episodes also cheer me up pretty well. ETA: for shows that leave you feeling positive, many of the Star Trek series focus on the good aspects of humanity, and present very meaningful ideas on how to achieve a positive outcome for all. My personal favorites so far are Deep Space 9 and the Next Generation, although Voyager and many of the others are just as good.