Today I’ve just started in to a bag of Chromatic Kunjin, tasting notes on the bag of “tart cherry / molasses vibes” seems true to my taste. It’s overall round, very juicy, and syrupy. This coffee looked especially red and velvety to me when ground, and quite low in chaff. I bought it from the discount shelf at the shop in San Jose, and was traveling around with it for a few days and it was filling the car with an irresistible aroma. Once home I had it frozen for about a month before thawing and now enjoying. Doesn’t seem too worse for wear!

• ripe_banana@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Chromatic is my local roastery!! I really like their stuff.

The kunjin was great, I also just tried the kiruga and liked that too.

• sqw@lemmy.sdf.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

it just keeps getting better. i’ve had it out for a few weeks now and it has fully hit its stride

• ripe_banana@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Great beans.

I’ve also wanted to try some of their more experimental beans (like the yeast fermented ones) but I’m not sure what to expect.

• sqw@lemmy.sdf.orgOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

i try to stick to my local guys but id be trying everything chromatic puts out if i lived closer or if they carried the pourover filters i have to order online

• sqw@lemmy.sdf.orgOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

weirdly the image says guava/pineapple/wet process but my bag calls out “kindeng stn.” / dry process / natural. bit confusing to me there for coffee of the same major label.