• Blackmist@feddit.uk
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Yeah, it’s free and open source. I just pointed it at a few folders of TV, movies and music that I downloaded years ago, and it catalogued them all, downloaded all the blurbs and posters.

Like a mini Netflix that you host yourself.

• ___that_old_polish_guy@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              9 months ago

There are jellyfin, Plex and emby shares you can subscribe to for cheap, try it out before blowing money and time on a set-up that needs constant tinkering, it’s easy to just download an app and connect to your remote library somewhere that someone else spends time on. I use a shield I got 6 years ago, but now also the Amazon fire stick 4k max on another TV and everything is just easy and seamless while using a Plex share that’s 9 euro per month.

• smiletolerantly@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

What are you talking about. First time I set it up, had it running on my local network in less than 5 minutes. 5 more minutes for external (granted, already had the infrastructure for that in place).

Then maybe 20min going through the settings to personalize my account? And maybe another 20min looking if there are any plugins I wanted to use.

• CmdrShepard@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

It’ll only take a few minutes to setup. Once you get hooked you’ll spend a lot more time automating everything and adding more storage.