Over 100 Israelis have died and more than 900 were injured after rockets were fired from Gaza by Hamas militants, Israeli officials said Saturday.

The Palestinian Health Ministry said 198 were killed in Gaza and at least 1,610 were injured Saturday in retaliatory attacks from Israel.

“We are at war. We will win,” Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Saturday.

The Israeli Defense Forces earlier declared “a state of alert for war,” according to a statement issued by the IDF.

“Over the past hour, the Hamas terrorist organization launched massive barrages of rockets from Gaza into Israel, and its terrorist operatives have infiltrated into Israel in a number of different locations in the south,” the IDF said early Saturday.

• boyi@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Not surprisingly, I do agree with your perspective: They want Israeli to attack. They want to chance change the status quo.

They want other people to feel the same way, but too many Palestinians are just trying to live their lives and survive day-to-day.

When you say ‘many Palestinians’, I would say those are the ones who live in the West Bank, controlled by Fatah. Fatah made acceptable deals with Israeli, and somenow their live are getting better, more survivable. But Hamas doesnt agree with these deals. They have a very narrow mindset which is: No deals with the Israel, period. And the people of Gaza supported this POV and they elected Hamas in the first place, which means they are ready to suffer the consequences when giving the support.

Palestinians are divided into two fractions. In some ways, the attack could be an attempt to reunite and change it back to one.

• Skates@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

They have a very narrow mindset which is: No deals with the Israel, period

Hmm, I’ve heard that before, with slightly different phrasing: “we don’t negotiate with terrorists”.

It seems like a good view.