Hello, I use the terminal (F4) option in Dolphin all the time. Until tonight, the terminal window would change depending on whether I was in my local box or my server. Today, I noticed that the terminal window would NOT reflect my server box even though the GUI window to my server was active. Is this a new bug, or a new ‘feature’?

• macallik@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Hmmm. This is either tangentially-related or an extension of the same issue you experienced… but I started using the terminal within Kate this past week troubleshooting a .bash_aliases function error and noticed that it too was not updating its environment as expected, even after editing the file and running source ~/.bashrc.

I spent 30 minutes only to realize that all of my edits/source reloading were not registering within the Kate terminal for some reason, but were working as expected in Konsole. Once I shutdown Kate and restarted it, the issue was fixed but that seems like a bug and it makes me wary about leaning to heavily on the terminal within Kate (or any other KDE apps outside of Konsole)