A few years ago, the Lemmy Developers decided to keep their political views on lemmygrad while keeping lemmy.ml more neutral. Now they are banning users who are critical of their actions and bigotry.

Anti-Tankie posts may put you at risk of being banned from commenting and posting on the lemmy.ml instance.

• Ignacio@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

People: “Come to the fediverse, there are no fascists, everything is cool and free of toxicity.”

The fediverse: tankies, people who simps for tankies, genocidal apologists, harassment…

• Eheran@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Sums it up seemingly well. The only upsid is that they created a platform they can not control AFAIK. So other instances can do whatever they want.

• finkrat@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

People have to realize where the clowns are and where they’re being greenlit and encouraged, and what you can do about it. It’s a good platform if you know how to deal with them. The internet will always be the internet but at least you don’t have to be on the same island with these folks.

• awwwyissss@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I don’t think it’s worth it to most people, and I’d be embarrassed for someone to find out I use Lemmy in case they checked it out.

The authoritarian propaganda is killing Lemmy.

• JokeDeity@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

I actually told a friend I use Lemmy because we used to talk about Reddit together, they instantly replied with “ew”. I immediately dropped the subject, but my first and only thought was if they ever checked it out they probably saw some hexbear stuff right away and figured the whole thing was trash.

• awwwyissss@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Hexbear is the worst, but it’s far from the only problem. It’s bad on here. I’ve calmly pointed out this is a biased echochamber several times and I just get downvoted.

• dramaticcat@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

People: “Come to the fediverse, there are no fascists, everything is cool and free of toxicity.”

There are definitely fascists on the fediverse, they don’t use the reddit-like (lemmy/kbin) part of the fediverse since exploding-heads shut down.