link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 个月前

Of course. But just because some news outlet is calling it a special operation does not mean that we should accept that. Such things need to be pointed out. Preferably in the TO.

(The other stuff were just genuine questions)

• killeronthecorner@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 个月前

AP isn’t “some news outlet” though, they are the news outlet that other news outlets get their news from You’re implying a political slant that isn’t there. Their job is to report the literal and factual news. Other news outlets then use their articles to create or add political insight to their own articles should they wish to do so.

For example, AP didn’t report that Ukraine was a “special operation”. They did report that Putin was calling it that.

That’s the difference between impartiality and political alignment.

• Eheran@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 个月前

The headline says they are a militant group. Not that they call themselves that it what not.

I generally get your point and that is correct. But I don’t see that here, as per above.

• killeronthecorner@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 个月前

They are a militant terrorist organisation. Putting the terms terrorist and militant at odds with each other is fruitless wordplay in the context of the news outlet reporting this and the rules of the sub.

We both agree that they are a terrorist organisation and we are free to talk about it here. That seems reasonable enough to me.