I was going through my communist Party website about Putin… Clearly he was a stooge of US 😝 in 2002.

• JucheBot1988@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

He absolutely was. I seem to remember NPR interviewing him in 2001 or thereabouts; I was pretty young at the time, so a lot escaped me, but I think the interview was pretty glowing. The thing is, he expected that if Russia played by “the rules” it would be let into the “global community” of “civilized nations;” when this didn’t happen, he was gradually forced into the position he’s in now.

• 陆船。@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Even in Obama’s reelection campaign, the idea that we had won, Russia was subservient, why be a Russia hawk played out.

• JucheBot1988@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yup, there was that moment during the 2012 presidential debate when he told Mitt Romney, who was and probably is still a big Russia hawk: “Russia? Guess what, the 1980s called and they want their foreign policy back.” Of course the same libs who thought this was a brilliant rhetorical move by Obama are now putting out Ukranian flags and finding Russian spies under every rock, because part of being a liberal is having the memory of a goldfish.