I had a couple classmates that pretended to be vampires back in elementary and middle school. They’d pretend their Koolaid was blood, complain about the sunlight, and bite their friends a lot. Not enough to draw blood, though. I haven’t kept up with most of them, but one guy is a teacher now. He seems pretty normal.

• neoNgEcho@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I can only remember one girl in middle school who said she was a cat and would scratch and hiss at people.

• Loudambiance@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I knew a girl in college who also believed she was a cat (this was 20 years ago). She would also scratch and hiss at people. Additionally, she would randomly meow in class. They would just sit there “cleaning” themselves as well, licking their hands and arms. She wore a pair of cat ears and a tail. It was immensely weird.

• density@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

All the right winger panicked about “children identifying as cats” need to read this thread and remember that kids have always imagined weird things.

Also I knew one who was like that about being a horse.

• moogmouth@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Ever heared of the French nuns that caught a case of mass hysteria and started meowing like cats? I’ll quote a section about it on Wikipedia:

In The Epidemics of the Middle Ages, an 1844 collection of works written by J. F. C. Hecker (and translated by Benjamin Guy Babington), a translator’s note by Babington, citing an unnamed medical textbook, recalls the story of a nun who lived in a French convent during an unspecified time (presumably in the Middle Ages) who inexplicably began to meow like a cat, shortly leading the other nuns in the convent to meow as well. Eventually, all of the nuns in the convent would meow together for a certain period, leaving the surrounding community astonished. This did not stop until the police threatened to whip the nuns.

• XiELEd@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Search up neko subliminals on Youtube and neko journal on Wattpad. She may be that sort of person