Madison County Public Library administrators were asked to go over a list of potentially “sexually explicit” books to be moved from the children’s and young adult section to the adult section. The majority of these books were about the LGBTQ community. At least one was added to the list because the author’s last name is Gay.

• be_excellent_to_each_other@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

I don’t see how that detracts from the point being made about a lawsuit. “Your honor, my client was discriminated against and has potentially experienced damage to her career because defendants don’t enter libraries or read books except to see if they can find a reason to ban them, and they latched onto this book without realizing the word “Gay” can be a name, or can mean happy, and this ignorance exacerbated their homophobic bigotry, leading to this undesirable outcome.”

Or some more sterile and legal way of pointing out what fantastic illiterate idiots these homophobes are.

• orclev@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

Yes… and? Still not understanding why you assume they didn’t look at the picture. The entire point is that the author potentially has a discrimination lawsuit because of their name, and I’m not seeing how the picture changes that in any way.