It was a long time coming.

• Macaroni_ninja@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I did a similar thing (7+ years account) except I only had patience to do the last sentence, I don’t think anyone reads these messages anyways.

• Karnickel@lemmynsfw.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah as much as I understand wanting them to be hurt by you leaving, in the end this is the online equivalent of a Karen saying “you just lost a customer!”

• Resistentialism@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

What if everyone didn’t delete their accounts and just left them tog ather just and take up a fraction of resources. They’ll get purged soon enough. Make them do the work.

• Nerdybynature@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

That’s pretty much what I was doing. I was a huge lurker anyway, so just there to clog shit up. Left feedback on the Reddit app and uninstalled that though.

• dohpaz42@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

You’re right, of course, but after 10+ years I couldn’t leave without saying something. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• gooddaytodayhere@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Installed wefwef Saturday. Sunday wiped out two reddit accounts with ten years worth of posting and officially left the platform. In the process realised I had actually stopped posting and was mostly doom scrolling. Very happy with the decision

• interloper@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Anyone else doing the same be sure to request your data from Reddit before you delete it! (If that’s something you’d ever want to have)

• kdj_770@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

As soon as the Apollo closed message popped up, I attempted to delete my account. There must have been a ton of like minded users because it took hours to get my account deleted. And then… I realized that I had an addiction. Nine years and poof it was gone. Definitely had some weird withdrawal symptoms… So I found lemmy!

• justanother_G_man@forum.basedcount.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

TD, FPH and other controversial subs are part of what the helped reddit keep its wild west charm, even if you hated them they were part of the site.