• RBG
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Did I miss something? Or just a joke about the future of reddit because obviously they will go for it at some point.

• uzzi@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

When I go to a subreddit a popup appears over similar to those news sites asking me to either login or open in app. So it’s kinda the present

• Silejonu@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

That’s for NSFW communities. Since the protests, quite a lot of communities are still marked as NSFW, even if they’re not, in reality.

• xTechDeath@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          аҧсуа бызшәа
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

If you’re on mobile it will happen when you just search a question on google, no matter the subreddit

• M137@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

Firstly, why are you using Google? Secondly, you must be doing something else wrong because I have never seen that outside of NSFW stuff. The only time I go to reddit is on mobile via the browser when I’m searching for something, and I’m not logged into an account.

• flipthetube@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              9 months ago

That’s great that it doesn’t happen for you. For me, any time I end up on Reddit in a browser on iPhone, it gives the obnoxious “open in app or continue in browser” popup.

I use private mode in safari though, maybe it’s not saving a cookie or something.

• FarFarAway@startrek.website
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

So what your saying is that one of the very tools that people used to protest, is now being used to perpetuate the very thing they were protesting?

Why am I not surprised.

• Someology@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I also get a button along with those to continue in my browser (on mobile). I just tap to continue on Firefox, and it works (at least on any subs that are not NSFW).

• Siegfried@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Some pretty useful subs went nsfw and now one cannot consult them without logging in. Good call by the mods