I just wanted to know if anybody knows of specific kitchen utensil brands that’re actually worth buying long-term. Or atleast which ones should be avoided.

I’ve wasted time checking reviews for various sets and always find concerning ones between the positives.
I really just need a Spoon, Slotted Spoon, (Flexible) Spatula, and Kitchen Tongs.
A Deep Soup Ladle, Whisk, and Pasta Server would just be convenient.
I don’t expect a set to have a solid cheese grater, so I’ll be buying that separately by default.

Preferences:
I’m trying to avoid exposed metal on the head of the utensils since I’d worry about scratching my pots and pans. Other than that, I’ve got no preference beyond “non putting toxins or its broken off material in my food”. 🤷🏿‍♂️

If this post doesn’t work out, I’ll just start checking reviews for specific utensils. 😑

• mrecom@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Got OXO stuff for wedding over a decade ago. Pretty much everything still performing strong and the 1-2 that aren’t were replaced easily via web form from manufacturer.

• indun@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Another vote for OXO, their stuff is great and you could use their garlic press for self defence if needed.

• 9284562@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

OXO was my immediate thought as well – I have probably less than 10 items from them, with the oldest being maybe 3yrs, so I can’t comment on longer term use than that, but everything holds up and works extremely well.

My personal favourite is their salad spinner – I make kimchi once a month, and it’s strong enough to even spin dry a load of salty cabbage.

America’s Test Kitchen often recommends their items too – I think the OXO Good Grips Teflon pan beat out every other non-stick pan in their egg test.