Samsung has released a new video in support of Google’s #GetTheMessage campaign which calls for Apple to adopt RCS or “Rich Communication Services,” the cross-platform protocol pitched as a successor to SMS that adopts many of the features found in modern messaging apps… like Apple’s own iMessage.

• Salamendacious@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

If he’s not there to help you when it’s time to move then he’s not your friend. So you can read Eric Arthur Blair but he’s not your friend.

• Syldon@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Exactly. The software is being kept closed source. You have no idea if Google is up to its shitty stunts to data track or anything along those lines. If it was open source then that argument is gone, till then…

• sebinspace@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

Oh I love this one. People say “if it’s open source, no one can do shitty stunts because we can just audit the code!”

Sure, but can you audit the code?

• Syldon@feddit.uk
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Everyone can audit the code you clown, that is the point. When it is hidden you cannot do this. If you are trying to be clever and demean my intelligence, let me put it another way, Everyone who can use google can audit the code. Writing code is not something restrictive, there are many, many guides out there along with syntax breakdowns.

Do you even know what the internet is?