• Innti@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My favorite reddit app(baconreader) stopped working. Unless I see apologies and changing course on reddit I’ll be trying my hardest to adapt to the Fediverse. I’ve commented more on here more than on reddit in by a higher percentage since I want this to work.

• wilberfan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I haven’t posted any content to the reddit sub that I mod since the blackout–I’ve been putting all of it on the equivalent community in lemmy.world. I was astonished that apparently only 2 or 3 of the 11,000 subscribers followed me over (0.03%!).

I’ve actually really been enjoying it here. Testing out the various apps, checking out how lemmy and kbin are the same and different…finding interesting communities. The posts have been growing, and there’s something gratifying about watching problems get resolved, and updates get applied.

I check in on the reddit sub occasionally–I haven’t decided what to do yet about my mod position yet–but it’s pretty dead over there for the last couple of weeks (I guess I was doing most of the posting?).

• xylan@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

This is the bottom line. People will go where the content is. A concerted push to populate the fediverse with good content will give people and incentive to migrate. It will be a gradual process but I’m very confident in building a community here.