• Sanctus@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I am on wefwef + lemmy.world and it has been smooth for me. Only issues came from the user surge. Content is easily searchable, wefwef has a “Home”, “Local”, and “All” sorting options for communities you see. I find it all very simple, no idea what other people are talking about.

• cyanarchy@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Yes, that’s because lemmy.world does not attempt to include mastodon content, as far as I know. From what I can tell, kbin is trying to be one website that works like reddit and twitter at the same time, which is going to be a bit complicated at best.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I did not know that. But it appears it interacts nontheless. I can see how magezines might confuse people as its odd nomenclature. But honestly the biggest issue is the multiples of subgroups with the same names.

Edit: also this double comment stuff but that is an issue with my app as far as I am aware.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Sorry, at this point you’re talking about things I don’t understand. The nomenclature I’m familiar with is “instances” and “communities”. I don’t know what a magazine, multiple, or subgroup refers to in this context.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
            cake
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

Magazines are what kbin refers to as its “communities” (lemmy) or subreddits. I just said subgroup as a general term but I can see how non-tech people can be confused. If these places want to interact with each other they need common names.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

I wouldn’t call myself non-tech per se, but the shifting terminology conflicts with my attempts to be precise. As a new user of the fediverse it’s become kinda clear that kbin has some of its own culture going on, since things are a little more established over there. When you mentioned multiples or subgroups, I assumed that was analogous to multireddits in some way, which isn’t something I’ve seen implemented yet.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
                cake
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

If you search a community on lemmy right now and change the scope to all there will be multiple “sublemmys”, or whatever you want to call these collections of related posts. I see that as being a little bit of an issue for mass adoption. I apologize, thats all I meant. Kbin does have its own thing, I’m subscribed to some stuff and have my own account over there as well. Its a little more complex that is true. I’m actually amazed all these different “sites” are interacting like this.