Passkey is some sort of specific unique key to a device allowing to use a pin on a device instead of the password. But which won’t work on another device.

Now I don’t know if that key can be stolen or not, or if it’s really more secure or not, as people have really unsecure pins.

• alvvayson@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

People are down voting because they have issues and I don’t have the patience to entertain them.

Fuck it, keep using passwords, don’t get vaccines and don’t drink fluoridated water.

I don’t give a shit.

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Seems like you do give a few shits but not enough to clarify your reasoning I guess.

• wildginger@lemmy.myserv.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Ive read all your comments, and it just sounds like you have no idea why its better. Its like someone told you its better and gave you a few buzzwords, and youre just parroting it.

I dunno man, if you cant explain the difference between the two maybe you shouldnt be insulting boomers, since you sound just like one

• alvvayson@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

If you read all my comments on this Lemmy post (and not just this single comment thread were it was just me engaging in a flame war with a few idiotd) and you still don’t understand why passkeys are better, then I can’t help you.