fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

can anyone tell me what there is to downvote

1. meat isn’t “95% of the world’s food options”

2. there is great veg food all over the place, failure to find is a failure to look

3. you’re framing the choice as to whether to eat meat as some externally imposed thing when it’s simply not. Choosing from among your options doesn’t ‘threaten’ the options you didn’t choose

4. your tone is just generally gross and defensive

I’m an omnivore too, but your arguments sound less like you considered the possibilities, rationally thought your way through to the best option then selected it, and more like you picked something and then tried to rationalize your way backward through the arguments to the options.

Edit: oooooh nothing like asking for feedback and then getting pissy when you get it.

• Whirling_Ashandarei@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Agreed, I also eat meat but I’m not going to frame it like I’m staving off some hardship lol meat is far pricier than 99% of your vegetarian/vegan options. I eat less of it now and skip the cow milk for an alternative and I also don’t feel less masculine for doing so!

• HeartyBeast@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

It was completely reasonable, non-confrontational response that explained why you were being downvoted.

• Rocket@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

The comment, while reasonable, only served to point out issues with the comment. Which doesn’t explain why so many pressed the “this is correct” button.