Most of the discussion and sources of content talk about movies and series.

I’ve been recently looking for psy and techno music, finding FLAC or WAV with active seeders feels like striking gold. It’s definitely been a while since I’ve looked for active torrent sites and it feels more barren than ever.

Edit: Thank you all for all that valuable information. The reddit group really wasn’t this helpful and valued making fun over adding real use able knowledge.

• BraBraBra@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I wasn’t adressing that point specifically, I just meant to show that there is a lot of good music still, and not only some obscure shit no one really listens to.

I will do some more reading on this subject and edit with my thoughts on that.

Though my initial thought is there is an inherent bias here, and that is time.

Eh, this kind of fearmongering has been in the music industry forever now. If no one is releasing new music, or there is a ridiculously high barrier to entry, there will simply be another indie music boom.

And I also think this is something where the data should be niche specific. Like how would this affect me as a tech house producer, for example? There is currently a tech house boom, with labels like Repopulate Mars, Toolroom, dirty bird. etc. These labels will continue to put out good and new music because that is their prerogative. Even labels such as Ajundeep are still publishing unknowns.