• kronisk @lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Swedes in general do not like cheese in their coffee and would have no idea what you’re talking about. I can only assume you’re thinking of kaffeost/juustoleipä which is only found locally in certain areas of the north and Finland. It’s also delicious by the way, think salty cubes of hard cheese that you put in coffee and eat with a spoon. It makes a squeaking sound between your teeth and can also be eaten on the side as a cheesecake with cloudberry jam. (The coffee should also be pot-boiled in the traditional way.)

Swedes used to drink coffee in small cups with 1-2 lumps of sugar and cream in it. That was the standard way for adults to drink coffee 40 years ago here before globalization really kicked in - now a standard café in Sweden is exactly like anywhere else in the world.

• NeuronautML@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I do not quite remember local word for it, but yes, i saw it while travelling through Kiruna, so it was in the north.

I had it. My southern European self considered becoming anti Schengen because of it. I love your country, but you people should be banned from having coffee.

Also yeah, the whole world is very similar in many aspects, but the comment was about funny degenerate things I’ve seen across Europe and that is pretty degenerate. Just poking a little fun, is all.