cross-posted from: https://aussie.zone/post/2929984

I am accessing the NHL tv streaming site geoblocked from a country who has limited interest in hockey (hence no fighting amongst SN, ESPN, etc.).

Trying to access all games has been a nightmare to do through official companies. How’s your experience been?

• JohnnyH842@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Kraken fan here - Root Sports has an agreement for all games except the 13 nationally broadcasted ones. Root is available on Fubo so I think we’re going to do that. I’ve streamed the games from less scrupulous sources for the last few seasons, those sources still work.

• Jackcooper@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Got an email literally yesterday that my Xfinity plan is dropping root. Half the reason I have cable is for the Mariners and Kraken. I’m livid.

• Che Banana@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Upvoted for Seattle teams. (Firefox with adblock and insert pro league initials here bite dot com) Also: STID

• BlameThePeacock@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I just want to know how I can get games at 4k 60fps, paid or otherwise.

Why is this so difficult in 2023?

• Dandroid@dandroid.appM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I don’t think they even broadcast them in that high of quality, so I don’t think it is available anywhere. Hell, they might not even film them in that high of quality.

• decta@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I think I read SN offer 4k – not sure about 60fps tho. But if anyone knows an IPTV service that offers that msg me anytime

• Kayel@aussie.zoneOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

60 fps sounds so nice.

Of all sports, why is it so difficult to find high frame rate hockey streaming?

• pwnicholson@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Probably by doing the NHL.tv package with a VPN so I can watch my home team. The cost is cheaper than paying for the separate Bally’s Network streaming package, and way cheaper than paying for cable just to get it. I’ll miss out on a dozen or so national games on ESPN, but I can live with that.

• mintiefresh@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Got the games on Amazon prime this year. Gonna try this out. Works pretty good so far.

• SbisasCostlyTurnover@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

UK here so this is going to be pretty specific.

I’m watching on Viaplay. I’ve been using them since PremierSports started sub-licensing out games to BT Sport a few years ago. They’ve got an AndroidTV app that runs pretty well and so far it’s been a pretty reliable service.

We don’t seem to have any intermission content, or adverts, but that’s par for the course at this point.