I’m still a little confused but I’m glad to be a part of this change that’s taking place.

• Brunacho@feddit.cl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It works well and it feels nice to get a community active.

There are some hiccups in the instances because of the hug of death we’re giving which I’d expect they recover in a few days. In the meantime, i’ll just keep finding more comunities to subscribe with the comunity browser. I just wish there was something similar for kbin communities (magazines I believe they’re called) so I could subscribe to them too.

• RomanRoy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I liked kbin as well. The desktop version seems nice and I found it easier to interact with the rest of the Fediverse than Lemmy. Unfortunately, no app yet, and apparently Lemmy is becoming much more popular. Which is absolutely whatever, since that’s the beauty of the Fediverse.

• Brunacho@feddit.cl
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I’m already on Lemmy so I don’t see any point (at least yet) on joining kbin, I just want to subscribe to their magazines from Lemmy :)

• gronapa@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m glad I deleted reddit (boost for android). I guess I could’ve kept the app until the end but I don’t need to be logging in. I gave 10 bucks to rmayao for many hours of use. Lemmy is great and I’m spending less time scrolling in favor of interacting.

• Sp00ky94@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

So far so good for me. When you use it more and explore it, you start to learn what is what. I do miss the community that had been built on reddit. But that what years in the making. It’s good to have moved to another platform (given recent reddit events) and start to build a new community here.

Edit: The subs I am subscribed to on reddit that went dark indefinity have moved here. So I am subscribing to them here.