• Neato@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

People on the same turn sharing initiative can go at the same time. Drinking a potion is a bonus action. Those are the ones I’ve incorporated.

• fartsparkles@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

It makes much sense and avoids action spamming I’ve seen at tables that let a potion be used for free. I know Crawford intended potions to be an action since they’re “bottled spells” but it results in players never using them in fights. Also less squishy PCs makes for far for entertaining encounter design (read that as additional peril haha).

• Kryomaani@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

“bottled spells”

“Bottled spells” that don’t recharge on a long rest but instead cost an arm and a leg and heal for a pittance, basically ensuring that in the time that it takes to gulp one down you’ve already taken twice as much damage than what it’ll heal. I guess I get the idea but RAW, the potions are just awful outside of last resort to bring up downed characters (and that’s assuming your GM has no problems making an unconscious character forcibly drink them).

• fartsparkles@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

You make a real good point. The movers cost plus lack of recharge already seems balance enough for it to be bonus action worthy. Honestly, it just means encounters can be either more frequent, dynamic, or epic. Not to mention a nice way to balance players’ wallets.