Hi all, new to Lemmy. Just looking for a list of communities maybe sorted by users? The whole thing is empty for my, my feed has like 5 posts

• MisterChief@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ll second this. Once I found an app that I liked and actually loaded properly most of the time (shout-out to Liftoff) I went to this page and subscribed to 30-40 communities that interested me. It mirrored the subreddits I followed but I also found a few new ones that interested me. Overall I feel like it’s a bit easier on lemmy to find communities.

I’m curious how different instances will work over time. For example, as a gamer, I like to have one place to go to get all my news. My worry is another instance will have a much larger and better gaming community and the one I follow on lemmy.world may not be as good.

All said and done though I look forward to the new experience and hope it flourishes.

• igetzerobread@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Theres also a community called “newcommunities” where people can share new communities they make

• Legendarylove58@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t have a list handy but try using the ALL view. That should include posts from all communities which other users on your server have subscribed to. You can then subscribe to communities from there.

• Holodeck_Moriarty@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You should be able to click “Explore Communities” and then just scroll throught he most active ones. It’s much easier to quickly subscribe to a bunch on desktop, I’ve found.