YouTube TV, which costs $73 a month, agrees to end “$600 less than cable” ads::Google to “modify or cease” ads after industry review board rejects appeal.

• TopTierKnees@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Doing won’t give us the channels my wife wants, and the place we’re moving into is too tree covered for satellite to work well (in addition to new not wanting to deal with it). Thanks for the suggestions though!

• Clegko@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

What does she usually watch? I got my MIL on Frndly TV, which doesn’t carry ANY sports channels, so the costs are fairly low. All sorts of Hallmark, Lifetime, Game Show channels. Pretty sweet, honestly. https://try.frndlytv.com/

Regardless, good luck finding something.

• TopTierKnees@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Thanks, I’ll check them out! She watches all sorts of junk reality TV on lots of cable channels and network dramas. She’s also very tech technophobic so I’ll likely end up paying to make sure she can access everything from a single interface. Otherwise I’ll be called in to help her find her shows every night.

• Clegko@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Heh, yea, I get that. I call it the mother in law test. My wife and I are fairly techy, but my MIL refuses to pay a cable bill and isn’t satisfied with the shows available on the antenna. I’ve got an entire Emby setup for her to use, and have mostly trained her how to use Overseerr to request shows/movies for her to watch, too. It was a bit of a pain getting here, but it works well now.