What’s up people,

I’ve done all the normal stuff, cleared the cache, etc. but I have 2 accounts that I have created that I was able to login with them yesterday, but now, no such luck. I don’t know if this is common or not? I just created this account and seems to be fine so far.

• wilberfan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

We can’t judge anything about long-term Lemmy based on what we’re experiencing today, I don’t think. We’re probably lucky we’re seeing anything at all… 😏

• Mereo@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I was these in 2009 when Reddit was just a little baby… It wasn’t pretty. Back then, it wasn’t a monster like it was know. There were a lot of growing pains. Lemmy will survive just like Reddit survived.

It’s new so we need to give it time just like people gave Reddit time to grow.

• ribboo@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Lemmy.world has been pretty great up until yesterday. We gotta give them some time to sort it out.

In the meantime I recommend signing up to lemm.ee, it’s very responsive.

• Smokeydonuts@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’d think it’s safe to assume it’s just lemmy.world getting slammed with new users right now. I’ve had similar loading issues all day on .world but no issues on a smaller backup instance I joined. Gonna be some growing pains for a little bit I think.

• s6original@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think this situation affects all of Lemmy since not only are most of the users on lemmy.world, so is most of the content.

• Holodeck_Moriarty@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I felt lucky to log in with my existing account earlier. They’re swamped with new users, so I’m just going to hang out on another instance for the time being.