I think it S a good idea to put all of our favorite shortcuts tips in one feed so they’re easily accessible.

Here’s my idea for tips I’ve recently come Avon the idea to hiararcherize shortcuts. I’m going to put some shortcuts in a folder, and then make a master shortcut to manage, and activate them all. What do you guys think?

More importantly what shortcuts tip can you think of?

• nocturne213@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

So far the only two shortcuts I use, or rather have tried to use, do not work very well.

The first was for resizing images to post on my shop’s discord server (I was trying to keep within the 8mb limit without having to crop the image).

The other is to launch Spotify when my Bluetooth connects to my wife’s suv. This just gives me a notification that it is connected instead of actually launching Spotify.

• Creatortray@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ll have to do some research on the first shortcut you mentioned. As far as i am aware the only way to reduce an image’s file size without cropping is to either change the file resolution, or reduce the quality of the file. I’m not sure if there’s a way to do that natively in shortcuts. For the second shortcut, did you turn “ask before running” off? That could explain why it’s only providing you with a notification.

• nocturne213@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Lowering of the resolution is what I want the first to do, keeping it as close to the 8mb limit as possible.

The second does not show up in my shortcut list, but is in my automations. 2nd shortcut

I am very new to shortcuts.

• Creatortray@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

That’s great! Shortcuts is a powerful system. Here is a video that may help you along. It’s old so there are a few things that have changed, but it’s thorough. check it out For the automation you should be able to change the settings by tapping on it. The “ask before running” setting is right at the bottom. Turn it off, and then try connecting to your car’s Bluetooth. I think this will solve the problem.