link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

If you come onto a thread that is specifically about what is going on Israel right now, and say “I’m just trying to have an ethical discussion,” it comes off as extremely disingenuous. I’m sorry.

You’re taking my words out of context of the whole conversation that’s happening, and being intellectually dishonest.

I was speaking about that question, as a “jumping off point” to the larger discussion on what’s happening in Gaza right now.

Again, no it’s not disingenuous because it covers what’s being discussed in the very same topic. It’s real time and it’s happening.

You cannot hand wave that away as much as you want to. Both can be true, and allowed.

You’re just being emotional and defensive when you don’t need to be, to protect your team.

I’m not attacking your team, I’m just trying to have a conversation.

• Sparking@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

De-railing a conversation is a very well recognized form of logical fallacy. De-railing a thread is considered very poor etiquette on internet forums. I’m sorry for assuming we were having a conversation about the topic of the thread.

• Cosmic Cleric@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

De-railing

One person’s derailing is another person’s continuing and/or expanding.

I’m sorry for assuming we were having a conversation about the topic of the thread.

I accept your apology.