As me and my 12yr old were putting this together they noticed the bottom of the tree had a unique shape. We had a good conversation about how that symbol means other things to different groups and this is just happenstance and also points the opposite way.

• tbe@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I remember being a child and building a space station (it looked a bit like StarLab so I guess the station in general was on TV or in a book) with a solar array that shape, my parents were a little angry and asked where that shape came from. I didn’t have a clue so I basically just said I liked the symmetry. They told me that’s a "very bad shape and that I have to rebuild it. It ended up being 8-shaped, which was also nice.

• N0N0@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

With its angles pointing to the left, it is a symbol of death but not neccessarily “bad”. With its angles pointing to the right it is a symbol of life and luck for most countries of the world what is also not “bad”.

Only for stupid ppl who only know about the nazis misusing it for their shitty ideology it is “bad”, but this also only counts for a svastica with its angles pointing to the right.

• Grass@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I recall my parents giving me shit for making a Lego swastika. I made it after seeing it in what I guess was one of those weird propaganda episodes of looney tunes.