Happened whilst charging, was on 39% when I connected it to the charger, fell asleep for a couple of hours woke up to the Apple logo and it restarting, it was fully charged upon booting back up.

Wonder what’s causing this? I’m also on iOS 17.1 Beta 3 so isn’t just an issue relating to just iOS 17.0, 17.0.1, 17.0.2 and 17.0.3 etc as some has suggested.

• AaronOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Nope, already had the latest build installed on Tuesday when it released.

This is sadly happening to others as well from iOS 17.x.x to the latest 17.x betas with 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max.

Phone seems to crash during charging for some reason, guessing a bug with the new charge cycle reporting it has now for the iPhone 15 models.

• kobra@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Fairly certain it’s just an OS crash but good luck getting apple support to help confirm that 🙄

• AaronOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I’m not bothering with Apple Support, I’ve reported the issue through the Feedback application though as I’m on iOS 17.1 beta (much more likely to get a useful response to the issue then contacting support)

• Chimaeratorian@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Do you use NightStand? That is the only thing different for me, other than 17.0.3. I know this happened at least once because FaceID said “iPhone requires a password when it restarts” and I checked for a software update, which was unchanged.