cross-posted from: https://eventfrontier.com/post/6196

I’m extremely excited to announce Echo for Lemmy. This is a project I’ve dedicated all of my free time to for the past little bit, and it has come such a long way. Although there is still a lot of work to do, I’m excited to share this alpha version and get feedback from the community.

Key Features:

• Intuitive, beautiful design
  • Timeline that provides key information about posts
  • Upvote, downvote, and comment on posts just by swiping
  • Threaded comment support
  • Blocking & Reporting support
  • Support for every timeline sort option
  • Share Extension to create posts from other apps
  • And much more

Screenshots:

Screenshot of the Echo timeline

Screenshot of the profile view

How to Join:

Please keep in mind that this is currently a closed alpha program. Things might not be perfect. Bugs exist. It’s not feature complete. However, it’s a great start, and after using it myself, I think it’s ready to be shared with the community.

I truly believe in the community aspect of Lemmy and the Fediverse. Your feedback will help shape this application, and I’m excited to hear what you think.

If you would like to join the alpha program, please fill out this form, and I’ll be sending out invites as soon as possible. I expect the first wave of invites to be sent out this week. Then be sure to subscribe to our Lemmy community to stay up to date on the latest news, ask questions, leave feedback, and more.

How to Report Feedback:

I will be compiling feedback from the following sources. Please feel free to use any of these to report feedback.

All constructive feedback is welcome. Please note, that nonconstructive feedback may result in removal from the alpha program.

• Sean@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

The fact that the google form is acting for any personal data is bad enough, but the fact that you are asking for that much personal data is really bad man. I don’t know why you want to collect so much user data, that’s a bad look for your app. I recommend if you really want to have some sort of google form to control test flight access, just ask for an email (but not even the apple id email) and thats it and just email a join link to that.

• Charlie Fish@eventfrontier.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Good feedback. This is meant to be extremely initial. I absolutely understand the hesitation to collecting PII. TestFlight does capture a lot of this data automatically when you sign up using a link anyways. Once it gets into beta (or even later alpha stages) I plan on releasing a public link that doesn’t require an application. I really appreciate your honest feedback tho, and I’ll definitely take it into consideration and consider alternatives in the coming days. Thanks again!

• BrooklynMan@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

As someone running a TestFlight beta, I can tell you: that’s not true. TF captures the AppleID used to sign up and how many times the app is opened and crashed, but, unless you set the app to collect other personal details (major red flag), the only other thing a Lemmy client should store is login details and app preferences.

Are you saying that your Lemmy client is mining personal data from users phones? Why in the world would you do that?

Edit: TF betas can also be configured for signups via a link, so that users emails are not captured by TF, and AppStore Connect only registers the users as “Anonymous”. This is how we do it. The only user emails we capture are those in our internal test group— the developers themselves.

• Sean@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

Oh hey you’re one of the Mlem devs right? I’m one of the Memmy devs lol