I have been dying for a space sim like this – story, ship combat, classic Bethesda RPG elements, etc. The direct showcased so many features that, if pitched to me in writing, I wouldn’t have believed possible to fit into a single game. But oh man am I a believer now.

I honestly think one of my most anticipated gameplay elements is just being able to survey different planets and enjoy the strikingly beautiful vistas and starscapes. I’ve often fantasized about having my own little space ship to just cruise around and hang out in. With this game, I can (almost) make that a reality.

What are you looking forward to?

• surrendertogravity@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

do you have any ideas what kind of character you’ll be on your first playthrough?

I feel like I generally play a “meta” character my first time though any game because I’m not ready to restrict the sort of choices I’m making. I think knowing a game better also helps in knowing which choices I could make to shape a later character in specific directions.

I wish Bethesda released their character creator early the way some MMOs do. :P

• Elroy_Berdahl@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I pretty much always have a default style for my characters in RPGs (at least for the first run), and it usually revolves around being able to talk my way out of situations where I can, so I will beeline towards the persusasion traits ASAP.

The idea of being a smart-mouthed space smuggler that can also fight their way out of trouble is just so appealing to me. And yes, I know I’ve just created Han Solo.

• postgeographix@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Huh, i want to go the other way. Taciturn, not very chatty, shoot first and dont bother asking questions. Have a plan to kill everone you see. Like, a sociopathic Chewbacca.

• aemelt@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I feel like I generally play a “meta” character my first time though any game because I’m not ready to restrict the sort of choices I’m making. I think knowing a game better also helps in knowing which choices I could make to shape a later character in specific directions.

this is my exact thought process half of the time when making my first character in an RPG, but I’ve never been able to really describe it as well :)