• 21Cabbage@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Galaxy was always the iPhone equivalent? This isn’t some revolutionary new concept they’re rolling out.

• wagoner@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Really disappointed they are getting rid of the 10x lense in place of a 5x lense. Hope it’s not true. I used that regularly

• Amilo159@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

S22 Ultra here. Totally agree on the 10x. Why even have a zoom if it’s not really good like 10x. It’s fun being able to zoom onto posters hanging on other side of auditorium and read all the text, while my colleagues with their iPhones or Pixels, can only barely make out the header.

• ijeff@lemdro.idM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Would be incredible if Samsung gave us back unlockable bootloaders in North America.

• SGH Fan@lemdro.id
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I mean, the US variant Galaxy Tab bootloaders (WiFi) can be unlocked, not the phones.

• GenderNeutralBro@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

In my country, buying Samsung products at MSRP is just throwing money away. They’re constantly discounted.

I could’ve bought an S23 Ultra for less than a Pixel 7 Pro at some point, and it’s (IMHO) a much better phone.

Of course this will vary based on your country, and it’s not usually viable immediately at launch.