This story is part of a miniseries I am writing, you might enjoy it even more after reading this episode.

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful island called Degendaland. On the island lived little people ruled by a mighty king, and the king had a terrific magician.
The magician was able to create any amount of pieces of money that the king desired.

Some years the king would make the magician create very few new pieces of money, just a few to replace the ones lost at sea or that children had dropped in the wells of the island.
Other years, the king would make the magician create way too many new pieces of money, and he would spend them. The new pieces of money would slowly travel the island, from the king’s personal shoppers to the shoppers’ suppliers, from the suppliers to the suppliers’ providers, etc. Slowly, from hand to hand and from shop to shop, everyone would have more pieces of money to buy the same houses and other stuff, so everyone could bid more pieces of money to buy the same thing, and in the end everyone needed to spend more pieces of money to buy things than before. This side effect had the tendency to upset the little people, and the king wanted a way out of that.

One day, in some far corner of the world, on another island, in another story, someone discovered the spice. The spice was said to be nuggets of the sun left in the world.
When you put the spice in the fields, the crop would grow plenty and strong, and people could then make huge fields with a single crop for years and years without having to switch crops or let the land rest.
When you put the spice in the night fire, it would light up all night and day, and you could take pieces of it to replace the lighting candles of the city and people started extending their days and sleeping later.
Incredibly, when you put the spice in the forges they would heat up hot as the sun, and then you could drop in some sand to make glass, or add some other dirt to make metal, and if you added some spice again to the metal it became almost alive! It could now move and make you more things faster and cheaper than you could ever imagine.
Everywhere you put it, the spice was truly magnificent, and it spread like wildfire across the world.
It really was the spice of life itself!

Like everyone, the king of Degendaland also wanted the spice, he wanted lots of it. One day, in a new world, on another island, in another story, the king of Degendaland was able to convince everyone that he was rich, he had a lot of pieces of money and that everyone should trade the spice using his pieces of money only. And everyone agreed!

From then on, the people of the other islands could borrow money from the very generous lender that was the king of Degendaland. The people of the world were happy to borrow the pieces of money because they could always trade it for the spice. The king of Degendaland was also happy because now he had more and more people owing him money, owing him the spice!
On Degendaland itself, the prices of houses and other stuff stopped increasing excessively, and it was now common sense that there is no relationship between more and more new pieces of money from the magician and the prices of houses and other stuff.

The trade of the spice was booming and now and then you could see one of the ships of the king on the water, calmly leaving Degendaland to the other islands.
Interestingly, they never contained any spice, only pieces of money. The pieces of money were made from nothing by the magician.

The ships of spice money are empty, completely empty!

You can open your eyes now. Tell me, my friend, where are you?

I hope you liked this episode, I am hungry for your feedback and I really need your help in sharing it. If you liked it, please consider sending it to someone that could like it.
You can check-out all my links in my profile or using this link.