What are your preferred skills to put your points into early on that have the biggest impact?

Feel free to break it down by play style: stealth, fighting, exploring, etc.

• Cyncit@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

I think the persuasion skill is really useful through out the gameplay, espacially at the beginning. you can gain time and save ammo. Security and wealth were useful to have. A point in boost pack is fun too. I did not invest in exploring or crafting since I didn’t engage much in them. Later, investing in pure DPS was profitable too (ballisitc/energy, pistol/rifle, etc). If ship building is your thing, piloting and ship design later on is also nice.

• LilDumpy@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Pure DPS sounds like a fun time. What else could you need than shoot and loot early on?

• LilDumpy@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Persuasion will always come in useful. I still have no idea what I’m supposed to choose. I fail the majority of my persuasion choices.

• Cyncit@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Consumables can be handy if you know a big persuasion is coming. I just check how many “points” it takes too convince the npc and don’t take any unnecessary risks. I’ve done a quest line pretty early on that unlock me the manipulation skill early. It gives you an additionnal choice sometimes with safe-ish big points. There’s also a skill to unlock the choice to bribe I think. didn’t invest in it (i want money!) but it is still a possibility.

• LilDumpy@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Persuasion is very useful especially when your trying to avoid a side quest within the main quest. I still stuck at making the choices though.