• inventa@lemmy.fmhy.mlM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

That is cool (hehe), my level 80 ice shards sorcerer is cleaning lvl 45 nightmare dungeons quite easily. At this point I need her to be a bit more sturdy because she still cleans crowds almost instantly but can’t take many hits. Thinking back, while leveling and struggling with mana, this could have helped but at some point you’d probably not need the extra novas, although they’re surely appreciated

• Chadsmo@lemmy.world
      cake
      OP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

So it did prompt me to try an ice shards build for a few dungeons. It was fun but I’m just lacking the gear I need. So 1.5m gold and a bunch of aspect mats later and I’m back at firewall lol. I think I’ll collect some ice shards gear and try it again later. My firewall build is doing pretty good right now , just wanted a change.

• inventa@lemmy.fmhy.mlM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah, it’s pretty finicky with the gear. Mostly the cool down reduction and mana cost reduction, which you want, both, at least around 25%. At this point you can play without basic attack (which is fun).

I also got the unique chest that stuns and drag enemies closer when you teleport. That’s really satisfying

• Wreckronomicon@lemmy.fmhy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

If you get the passive that has a chance to make your next cast free and do 40% more damage as well as the aspect that lets ice shards pierce, stack a little lucky hit and you can say goodbye to mana issues. You still want the MCR too but this goes a long way.

• Chadsmo@lemmy.world
          cake
          OP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yeah I found CDs and mana to definitely be an issue.

I know the chest you speak of just cant recall the name this second. Sounds fun , teleport in , frost nova then all , dash out and nuke them with ice shards.

Firewall is fun too for that , I have so much life per second that I can almost just stand in the middle of 20 mobs while I wait for them to come to me before a nova and a nuking them with 5 firewall casts.

• inventa@lemmy.fmhy.mlM
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

I use the enchantment that throws ice shards to frozen enemies. Most of the times I don’t have time to shoot before they are all dead after the nova

• Chadsmo@lemmy.world
      cake
      OP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I ended up trying an ice build but didn’t have the gear I needed for cool downs etc. I’m going to collect a few pieces and maybe give it another try , that being said I really don’t want to re spec again lol.