I see Apollo and I’m not sure if I want to delete it.

I’m not sure why. I guess I’m kinda hoping there is some update to it that adds some functionality, but I guess that’s not really in the cards.

Anyone else not deleting their third party app for a reason?

• Saprophyte@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I deleted them all from my phone. I decided reddit had moved on into the type of company I no longer wanted to support. I deleted all of my comments, deleted the apps from my phone, logged back in and deleted my comments again, deleted all of their history and cookies from Firefox, and haven’t been back. Even if they fixed the current issues and reopened the public api, what they were already willing to do to their community shows what they are as a business. They will no longer get my clicks, my visits, or my ad revenue.

• nlm@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Still have boost installed. Haven’t started it since the 11:th though.

To be honest, I’m not sure I’ll always boycott reddit though I doubt I’d ever use it daily as before. There’s still a goldmine of useful info over there (unless it’s been edited or removed by it’s users) that you end up finding when having any sort of tech related issue.

• plactagonic@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I use for long time RedReader and it is one of 2 apps still working. When the update comes I will uninstall it.

• Engywuck@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I don’t think so. Reddit is making exception for 3rd party apps with accessibility features, so RedReader should be exempt from paying to use the API. Or this is what its developer said.

• HowlsSophie@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Still using Boost because it still works. I do a lot less scrolling though and really only visit subs that don’t have a fediverse counterpart.

• magnetosphere @beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yeah, but I moved the icon so it’s no longer on my main screen. I haven’t been back to reddit in weeks, and probably never will.

• unce@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I still have RIF on my phone. Looks like it still works for browsing but no login. I’ve been using it much less though

• thrawn@beehaw.orgM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve kept RIF, but set an app usage time limit of 0 minutes. So it’s still there, but permanently greyed out, like a memorial to what once was.

• psythrichor@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I still have Relay Pro on my phone, even though I no longer have a Reddit account. I just want to hang on to it for a while for no good reason.

• pixelpop3@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It’s temporary. Infinity’s developer is working with admin to create a subscription app and pay API fees. There are a few doing that (Boost and a few others). They’ve been given some sort of a temporary exemption pending update rollout. You can see posts explaining this in their subreddits.

• 4bh1j47@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Where did you see that boost is continuing? I don’t see this in their subreddit. The app developer said it will shut down and he is working on a lemmy app. Afaik Boost is still working but that’s because the restrictions from reddit will be rolled out slowly over weeks.

• pixelpop3@beehaw.org
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

I mistyped and meant Relay. Some apps are already dead. RIF supposedly still works when logged out, but won’t work when logged in. Probably has to do with whether the developer disabled the API key to avoid a bill.