• Rose@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Someone on Tumblr literally blocked someone because they dont like the color orange

You dont need a big reason

• mercury@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I block people on Tumblr willy nilly, or if they have like, one bad opinion on something idrc about! Who cares! Use your tools

• someacnt@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Exactly what I thought. Also there are pieces promoting fascism, I believe just blocking them is not ideal.

• can@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

This triggers me, makes me uncomfortable, and I just don’t like it

In this essay…

• TotallynotJessica@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

The classic mistake of thinking aesthetic judgments are moral judgements. An terrible looking piece of art can promote good ideas, and a well made piece of art can promote evil ideas.

• kay@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

this sounds like a 1:1 transcript of what I got arguing with anime pedos… not a fan. There are definetly things that took artistry to make that are still immoral and/or dangerous.

• /home/pineapplelover@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I don’t really block people tbh. I don’t want to be blind to ideas, if we all banned stuff we don’t like then we’ll never have constructive criticism are strong arguments.

• uriel238@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I’ve argued with sophisticated capitalists and genocidists to recognize them in the wild, that they’re going to present the same arguments (or not) but seasoned with contemptuous invective, and they are not going to care what I say or argue in good faith.

It’s up to them to find their way out of their cognitive rat trap, as I can’t navigate it for them.

• gmtom@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Yeah we get it you don’t like AI art because it has no “soul” and the AI doesn’t have the deep understanding of composition and contrast a human artist does and can’t put there heart into conveying a meaning with their art, now go back to drawing your Miraculously Ladybug giantess vore art.