For me it has to be:

1. Helix mattress ($1,217). Sleep is great.
  2. Home gym power cage & weights (~$1,000). Look good, feel good, get strong.
  3. Netgear Nighthawk AXE7800 ($339). No more random, annoying internet disconnects/slowness.
  4. Books ($0 @ library)
    • “Ultralearning” - Scott Young (how to learn efficiently)
    • “Enlightenment Now” - Steven Pinker (the world overall is improving)
    • “The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing” - Taylor Larimore (how to invest)
  5. PS5 ($500). So many great games like witcher 3, god of war, spiderman.

I’m searching for some more deep value purchases. Give me what you’ve got.

• whatsarefoogee@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

A $100 brother laser printer (2280dw but it has been discontinued). It’s like a printer from an alternative universe where printers aren’t evil.

Had it for about 6 years now. Printed thousands of pages and only needed to replace the ink cartridge a few times. Had no issues with 3-rd party cartridges. Surprisingly never required any maintenance.

Other laser printer brands that can probably perform similarly, but I can only vouch for this one.

• NikoFoX@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

For me it’s HP something laser all black. Still printing after 12 years. Printed my and my wife’s study things for 7 years. Printed a lot more when I got into RPGs.

• neocamel@vlemmy.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I had a Brother Monochrome laser printer that randomly threw and error code and was bricked. Printed about 30 sheets through it before it died. Threw it in a dumpster.

Hesitantly, I bought a similar used one on Craigslist for $40 and it’s been running fine for two years now. I might’ve just gotten unlucky with the first one.

• joekar1990@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve had my laser brother 7860dw (also discontinued) and you are right thing just works. I’ve never replaced the drum and I’ve only had one clip for the paper tray break in the 12 years I’ve owned it.

• collegefurtrader
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

We know why it’s discontinued now, the toner DRM was missing.