A screenshot, taken way before rexxit, of two comments on reddit, dated “1 year ago”.

The first comment is by a deleted user and the comment has been removed. The second comment is a reply to the deleted comment and it says: “That solved it. Thanks!”

Edit: added temporal context.

• Mostly_Harmless@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think you’re going to begin to see a lot of that on Reddit. I overwrote and delete my ~10 years of comments and posts before deleting my account. I imagine a significant number of others have/will too.

• JoJoGAH@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

12 years here. It’s not to deprive others of information either. I did it because if people with the ethics of Spez own it, they’ll use for whatever means they see fit, meaning money, or paywall etc .
      The information people seek is still out there in the same places we all got it from in order to post it on reddit.
      Reddit made this mess by destroying trust. I have no idea how they’ll use that information if I leave it there .
      This is know: it won’t be for my benefit, likely it will be used to manipulate,or in bad faith. Similar to Facebook and insta.