• Gullible@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Spez succeeded, regardless. His end goal was the IPO, consequences he damned. Rectal fissures were entirely acceptable. Now whether Spez is happy with his booty blasting, that’s another question entirely.

• db2@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

His end goal was to destroy 3rd party apps. He doesn’t care if it takes all of reddit down in the process, they bruised his ego and he’s lashing back with anything and everything he can. It’s why he lied about the phone conversation which we found out for sure when the dev posted it in full. He’s a toddler.

• LaLiLuLuCo@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

California tech company people get really used to nothing being recorded because it’s a Two Party consent state.

Good thing that shit doesn’t fly when the other party is in a One Party consent state (or different country). Frankly two party consent to a call is some bullshit that only enables bad behavior on the part of the party with more power.

I’ve busted one big (Billions) tech company interviewer lying about my performance on a coding interview and was able to verify his lies by having a senior member of their staff (a good friend) compare my side of the notes with their internal documentation. The company recruiter was pissed and went off about how I wasn’t experienced enough for the job even though I caught them lying. One of their other interviewers was my student at our university. I had years of experience on him, and all the other interviewers.

My advice is to always record and keep notes. Don’t let them gaslight you. It might not be submissible in court, but fuck em, use a VPN if you have to.