My favorite Linux distribution is Ubuntu.

• realZiggyRed@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I like to use Fedora Linux. It’s easy to use, have up do date packages, and surprisingly stable. Been using it for a couple of years now.

• UdeRecife@geddit.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

As a long time user of Arch Linux, my favorite distro is… Slackware. Never used it, but it holds a special place in my heart.

It’s like that place you always wanted to visit, or that crazily difficult book everyone praises to the sky.

• plexnose@geddit.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Mint - it was my first one, and the one I come back to, having tried Manjaro (ooops), Endeavour, Fedora, MX, Garuda, Nobaro and probably a f ew more.

Yes packages are not bleeding edge, but flatpaks are good for me if I want newer versions. I don’t want to spend time restoring backups in the event of an Arch based release going wrong (happened to me on Manj and Endeavour - yes it can be recovered but its a waste of time).

• minimo@geddit.social
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Ubuntu LTS, but looking forward to Pop OS with the new COSMIC DE. I will switch to that when the release it.

• mudamuda@geddit.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t like Linux distributions in general and for the specific reasons. So, there is no my favorite. But I prefer common wide accepted original distributions and not slightly customized derivatives.

• cjerrington@geddit.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Ubuntu and debian based distros have been a long time favorite. Recently switched to Fedora and the Cinnamon desktop. It has a nice feel and user experience as well.

What is difficult now is the base OS to choose, but also the desktop experience. I think the desktop choice is also what makes the Linux experience and distro choice for people these days.